Status updates from the ‘Open Cases Reports’ …
- DFARS Case 2016-D013: Amendments Related to Sources of Electronic Parts
[was “Trusted Suppliers”]
08/02/2016 Proposed rule published on the Federal Register. Comments due on or before 3 Oct 2016
10/03/2016 Public comment period ended. DAR staff processing.
10/14/2016 DARC Director tasked Ad Hoc Cmte. to review public comments, draft final DFARS rule. Report due 11/30/2016.
12/12/2016 Report due date extended to 12/21/2016.
12/22/2916 Report due date extended to 01/18/2017.
01/11/2017 DARC received Ad Hoc Cmte on Counterfeit Electronic Parts draft final DFARS rule from DAR staff. Will discuss on 01/25/2017.
01/27/2017 Will discuss 2/8/2017
02/08/2017 DARC agreed to draft final DFARS rule. DAR staff processing.
03/06/2017 Case manager forwarded draft final DFARS rule to DAR editor. DAR editor reviewing.
10/31/2017 Case manager and DARS Regulatory Control Officer resolving issues.
03/16/2018 DARS Regulatory Control Officer submitted draft final DFARS rule to OIRA. OIRA reviewing.
- FAR Case 2013-002: Reporting of Nonconforming Items to the Government-Industry Data Exchange Program
[was “Expanded Reporting of Nonconforming Items”]
03/17/2015 Case on hold at the direction of DARC Director, pending completion of study regarding which changes to GIDEP are currently feasible.
04/05/2017 DARC Director tasked DARS Staff to review public comments, draft final FAR rule. Report due 05/31/2017.
06/02/2017 Report due date extended to 07/12/2017.
07/14/2017 Report due date extended to 08/16/2017.
08/21/2017 Report due date extended to 09/06/2017.
08/31/2017 DARC received Ad Hoc Team draft final FAR rule DAR staff. Will discuss on 09/13/2017.
09/13/2017 DARC agreed to draft final FAR rule. DAR staff processing.
09/14/2017 DAR staff notified FAR staff that DARC agreed to draft final FAR rule. Awaiting CAAC concurrence.
11/15/2017 FAR staff notified DAR staff of CAAC differences from team report or DARC suggested changes. DAR and FAR staff resolving open issues.
- DFARS Case 2017-D023: Suppliers that Meet Anticounterfeiting Requirements
01/11/2017 Case on hold at the direction of DARC Director, pending input from PDI.
02/02/2017 Case closed into Holding File 2017-H011, pending further input from PDI.
- DFARS Case 2016-D010: Cost of Remedy for Use or Inclusion of Counterfeit Electronic Parts
08/30/2016 Final rule published on Federal Register (81 FR 59510).
- DFARS Case 2015-D020: DoD Use of Trusted Suppliers for Electronic Parts
01/10/2017 Case closed into DFARS case 2017-D023, to implement section 815 of the NDAA for FY 2017.
- DFARS Case 2014-D005: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts—Further Implementation
08/02/2016 Final rule published on Federal Register. (81 FR 50635)
- DFARS Case 2012-D055: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts
05/06/2014 Final rule published on Federal Register. (79 FR 26091)
- DFARS Case 2012-D050: Supply Chain Risk
10/30/2015 Final rule published on Federal Register (80 FR 67244).
- FAR Case 2012-032: Higher-Level Contract Quality Requirements
11/25/2014 Final rule published on Federal Register (79 FR 70344)