Status updates from the ‘Open Cases Reports’ …
- DFARS Case 2014-D005: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts—Further Implementation
11/07/2013 DARC Director tasked DARS staff to draft proposed DFARS rule. Report due 01/29/2014.
01/31/2014 Report due date extended to 4/23/2014.
04/26/2014 Report due date extended to 5/28/2014.
05/09/2014 DoD is hosting a public meeting 06/16/2014.
05/30/2014 Report due date extended to 6/25/2014.
06/27/2014 Report due date extended to 8/27/2014.
08/27/2014 Report due date extended to 9/10/2014.
09/12/2014 Status update due 10/1/2014.
10/13/2014 Status update due 11/05/2014.
10/31/2014 Status update due 12/03/2014.
12/05/2014 Status update due 12/24/2014.
01/12/2015 Status update due 1/28/2015.
01/28/2015 DARC Director tasked DARS staff to draft proposed DFARS rule. Report due 2/4/2015.
02/23/2015 Report due date extended to 3/4/2015.
03/06/2015 Report due date extended to 4/1/2015.
03/26/2015 DARC received Ad Hoc Cmte draft proposed DFARS rule. Discuss on 4/22/2015.
04/23/2015 Case manager forwarded draft proposed rule to DAR editor. DAR editor reviewing.
08/14/2015 OIRA cleared proposed DFARS rule. DAR editor preparing for publication.
09/21/2015 Proposed rule publish on the Federal Register (80 FR 56939). Public comment period ends 11/20/2015.
10/21/2015 Published notice of public meeting on 11/13/2015 and extension of comment period to 12/11/2015 (80 FR 63735).
12/16/2015 DARC Director tasked Adhoc Cmte. to review public comments, draft final DFARS rule. Report due 3/2/2016.
- DFARS Case 2015-D020: DoD Use of Trusted Suppliers for Electronic Parts
03/13/2015 DARC Director tasked Ad Hoc Cmte. to draft proposed DFARS rule. Status Report due 04/29/2015.
05/04/2015 Status report due date extended to 6/24/2015.
08/12/2015 Status report due date extended to 8/26/2015.
08/26/2015 Status report due date extended to 10/21/2015.
10/26/2015 Status report due date extended to 12/16/2015.
01/05/2016 Status report due date extended to 2/17/2016.
- DFARS Case 2016-D010: Cost of Remedy for Use or Inclusion of Counterfeit Electronic Parts
01/06/2016 DARC received staff draft proposed DFARS rule from DAR staff). Discuss on 01/20/2016.
- DFARS Case 2016-D013: Amendments Related to Trusted Suppliers
01/05/2016 DARS opened case, proposed DFARS rule. DAR staff processing.
- FAR Case 2013-002: Expanded Reporting of Nonconforming Items
03/17/2015 Case on hold at the direction of DARC Director, pending completion of study regarding which changes to GIDEP are currently feasible.
- DFARS Case 2012-D055: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts
05/06/2014 Final rule published on Federal Register. (79 FR 26091)
- FAR Case 2012-032: Higher-Level Contract Quality Requirements
- 11/25/2014 Final rule published on Federal Register (79 FR 70344)
- DFARS Case 2012-D050: Supply Chain Risk
10/30/2015 Published final DFARS rule in Federal Register (80 FR 67244). Effective upon publication.
- DFARS Case 2012-D042: Business Systems Compliance
02/04/2015 Case closed without further action.
- FAR Case 2012-024: Commercial and Government Entity Code
04/30/2014 Final rule published.