DoD is hosting a public meeting [March 27, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., EDT] to obtain the views of experts and interested parties in Government and the private sector regarding further implementation of the requirement for detection and avoidance of counterfeit electronic parts, as required by a section of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012. …More at Federal Register
Status updates from the ‘Open Cases Reports’ …
- DFARS Case 2014-D005: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts—Further Implementation
11/07/2013 DARC Director tasked DARS staff to draft proposed DFARS rule. Report due 01/29/2014.
01/31/2014 Report due date extended to 4/23/2014.
- DFARS Case 2012-D055: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts
02/11/2014 DAR editor submitted draft final DFARS rule to OIRA. OIRA reviewing.
Proposed rule published on Federal Register.
- FAR Case 2012-032: Higher-Level Contract Quality Requirements
02/26/2014 DARC Director tasked Ad Hoc Team to review public comments, draft final FAR rule. Report due 4/2/2014.
Proposed FAR rule published on the Federal Register (78 FR 76260).
- FAR Case 2013-002: Expanded Reporting of Nonconforming Supplies
12/23/2013 OFPP identified draft proposed FAR rule issues. OFPP, FAR and DAR staff resolving issues.
- DFARS Case 2012-D050: Supply Chain Risk
01/22/2014 DARC Director tasked Adhoc Cmte. to review public comments, (draft final DFARS rule). Report due 03/19/2014.
Rule published on the Federal Register.
- DFARS Case 2012-D042: Business Systems Compliance
02/28/2014 DAR editor requested DoD approval to publish draft proposed DFARS rule.
- FAR Case 2012-024: Commercial and Government Entity Code
02/21/2014 Draft final FAR rule from FAR analyst to CAAC Legal. CAAC Legal reviewing.