Status updates from the ‘Open Cases Reports’ …
- DFARS Case 2014-D005: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts—Further Implementation
11/07/2013 DARC Director tasked DARS staff to draft proposed DFARS rule. Report due 01/29/2014.
- DFARS Case 2012-D055: Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts
12/26/2013 DAR editor identified issues with draft final DFARS rule to case manager. Case manager and DAR editor resolving issues.
Proposed rule published on Federal Register.
- FAR Case 2012-032: Higher-Level Contract Quality Requirements
12/03/2013 Proposed FAR rule published on the Federal Register (78 FR 76260).
Public comment period ends 2/03/2014
- FAR Case 2013-002: Expanded Reporting of Nonconforming Supplies
08/06/2013 Draft proposed FAR rule from FAR analyst to OFPP. OFPP reviewing.
- DFARS Case 2012-D050: Supply Chain Risk
11/18/2013 Published interim DFARS rule in Federal Register (78 FR 69268). Effective upon publication. Public comment period ends 01/17/2014.
Interim Rule effective 18 Nov 2013. Published on the Federal Register.
- DFARS Case 2012-D042: Business Systems Compliance
12/16/2013 Case manager forwarded draft proposed rule to DAR editor. DAR editor reviewing.
- FAR Case 2012-024: Commercial and Government Entity Code
10/31/2013 DAR staff notified FAR staff that DARC agreed to draft final FAR rule. Awaiting CAAC concurrence.